1) What's the first book you ever really loved and do you still love it today?
My first book was 'can't you sleep little bear' and i really enjoyed it. However the first book i loved was most definitely 'Anne of Green Gables' by L.M. Montgomery. I still enjoy reading these stories, although I am no longer of an age with the heroine.
2) Someone gives you a million pounds. What do you do with it?
Pay off my mortgage and my mothers. Give a modest sum to friends who i know struggle financially. Build an extension on Dan's house and put in central heating. Invest the rest so that I can live a quiet reclusive life without ever wondering where my book money will come from. Appease my conscience by donating some to a local charity.
3) What was your favourite subject at school?
Mathematics. I loved maths very much. In primary school i went to maths masterclasses on a saturday morning at one of the posh Edinburgh schools. This was run by two maths professors and I can recall being spurred on to maths achievements because the first one to answer got a tunnocks tea cake. I cannot recall much now, but i would happily spend time studying it again. I gave up after narrowly failing my advanced higher maths. There was a lot going on for me at the time, and i think i am capable of doing more than i already have.
4) Have you ever been told that you look like a celebrity and if so who?
I was yesterday told that I looked like Kaylee in Firefly. I doubt this is true but I liked it. I have previously been told that in a movie of the student tv station i would be played by Susan Sarandon.
5) Now that you can drive is there a dream car that you really really want (money being no object, see question 2)?
Yes. It is called a motorbike ;)